AVLMAP - AVL balanced binary tree and mapping library
avlmap-0.12.4.tar.bz2 [138588 bytes] or
avlmap-0.12.4.tar.gz [282691 bytes]
The avlmap-0.12.4 library implements a data mapping abstraction in function calls,
along with an underlying AVL balanced binary search tree implementation.
- Each mapping may have a key type chosen from a variety of scalar, string, and array types.
- Each mapping may have a mix of many data types from the same variety.
- Sequential access in addition to the usual indexed access, in both forward and reverse directions.
- Duplicate mappings are supported by means of a separate insert function.
- Optional direct access to the underlying AVL binary tree implementation.
Copyright © 2000,2003,2006 - Philip Howard - All rights reserved
You may copy and distribute this software under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License:
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
You may also view the GNU Lesser General Public License here
modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
Click on one of the links shown to download the AVLMAP source code.
Programmer documentation in HTML begins
The HTML documentation is also included in the source code tarball.
Note that older versions of AVLMAP used a different installation procedure
and had a capitalized configure script name.
- Extract the source from the tarball using the appropriate command for which tarball was downloaded,
such as one of these:
This creates a subdirectory named avlmap-0.12.4.
- bunzip2 < avlmap-0.12.4.tar.bz2 | tar -xpf -
- gunzip < avlmap-0.12.4.tar.gz | tar -xpf -
- [optional] Create a separate subdirectory to build the library in, and change to that directory.
- Run the configure script to create the Makefile.
If you are running it from within the optional separate build directory,
type in the full path name of the configure script where you extracted the source.
The Makefile will be created in the current directory.
Example: /path/to/source/avlmap-0.12.4/configure --prefix=/path/to/install
- Type in: make
- Type in: make install
This web page is: Copyright © 2006; by Phil Howard - all rights reserved.
You may copy this web page under the terms of the
GNU Free Documentation License.
Last revised: 2-Aug-2006